THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So sad

When I heard about this story on Sunday, I found it heartbreaking : (

Tampa Bay kicker Matt Bryant found his three month old son, Matthew Tryson, dead at home on Wednesday, and he buried him in Texas on Saturday. It will take several weeks before he and his wife find out what happenend. He didn't practice all week, and the coach left it up to him whether or not he would play in their game Sunday vs Green Bay.

Matt decided to play, and kicked three field goals to help the Bucs win the game. He was awarded with the game ball by the team.

"The biggest thing for me, I wanted to honor Tryson's name," Bryant said. "I mean, I don't think it was very fair for his life to end so short. This is the best way I believe I could get out and honor him. I miss him and wish he was here, but he was here with me. He helped out. Today was his day. It was all about Tryson for me. I talked with him, personally, in my head throughout the game. I just wanted to remind him that he's my baby boy and that he's with me all the time."

As difficult as this whole situation would be, I think the part I would struggle with the most is not knowing for WEEKS what had happened. I don't know how I would get through all that waiting, and you can't really start the healing process without knowing what happened. How tragically sad. My heart goes out to him and his family : (

**image and quotes from The Washington Post**

0 opinions that are almost as important as mine: