THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Vacation Package - Deal or Dud?

So a few weeks ago (ish), Texas got a thing in the mail about some vacation package. He called me for my opinion, and I said I would have to look at it when I got home. He decided to call before I could look at anything, and ended up purchasing this thing. I remained very... skeptical... about this, as things that sound too good to be true usually are. We got the paperwork in the mail the other day, and I'm struggling to find the small print that makes all of this a crappy deal.

I'm not sure what he paid, but for that price, we get:

1. Hotels for 3 nights in South Florida and 2 nights in Orlando, and a 2 night Caribbean cruise to Nassau, Bahamas. While on this Florida trip, we get complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets and a rental car. We also got a book full of coupons for stuff to do in these areas.

2. 3 nights hotel stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

3. 2 nights hotel stay in: Williamsburg, Va; Las Vegas, Nv; Big Island, Hi; Gatlinburg, Tn; Hilton Head, SC; Branson, Mo; Massanutten, Va; Berkshire, Ma; San Diego, Ca; Palm Springs, Ca; Lake Tahoe, Nv; Daytona Beach, Fl. --> that's 12 different places

The deal is only the hotel, so we have to pay to get there, but that means we can extend any trip (like to Puerto Vallarta and Hawaii, because I'm not going all that way for just 2 or 3 nights). When we got the information, I quickly poured through everything trying to find the fine print. The only "bad" thing I could find was a small black out window of mid December-early January, and race week in Daytona is blacked out. Other than that, I can't find anything wrong with this, which.... confuses me.

All-in-all, I'm beginning to think this may be a good deal? And I'm starting to get really geeked up and excited about some of these trips. Last night I did some research on the Big Island of Hawaii, and it seems cool as shit. I researched Puerto Vallarta when he first told me about all of this, and it seems pretty awesome, too. Most of the places listed in point #3 would make for fun weekend getaways (especially the few we can drive to), and several of them have pretty cool stuff to do.

Is there something I'm missing here?

0 opinions that are almost as important as mine: