THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

105 years of pure innocence

This hott piece was mentioned on Elliot in the Morning the other day, and then showed up on dlisted... because she's just that special.

Meet Clara Meadmore, 105 years young and Britain's oldest virgin. Diane from EITM also said she was the world's oldest virgin - I haven't read confirmation of that, but I can't imagine there being too many people who are 1. older than her and 2. still as pure as the day they were born, so I'm going to give Diane the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Clara told The Sun "People have asked whether I am a homosexual and the answer is no. I have just never been interested in or fancied having sex. I've never had a boyfriend - I've never been bothered about relationships. When I was a girl you only had sex with your husband and I never married. I've always had lots of platonic friendships with men but never felt the need to go further than that or marry. I made my mind up at the age of 12 never to marry and I've not gone back on that. I grew up in an era where little girls were to be seen and not heard so I had to learn to stand up for myself and earn my own living. Some men don't like that in a woman and before long I was too old to marry anyway."

I find it interesting that people question which side she butters her bread on. When Diane first told this story, my first thought was of her being a nun or some other kind of religious person like that. It seems religion had nothing to do with her choice to not have sex. She just didn't fancy it.

Good for you, Clara! Sometimes I question if men are worth the trouble..... although, at the same time. 105 yrs of.... nothing. WOW. I know some people who have trouble going 105 hrs without getting busy. You think she's 100% pure, or do you think she had some alone time somewhere in those 105 years? Or maybe if you've never gotten anything, you don't know what you're missing...? Interesting things to ponder. Enjoy the mental picture of a 105 year old getting busy by herself :-P You're welcome for that.

0 opinions that are almost as important as mine: